Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Phantos' Rock-n-Rollers Guide to 30 Day Rehab...

How To Lose 10 Pounds in 30 Days...
(or I had a fucking heart attack.)
(or the first slow step to converting to vegetarianism)

Well, I actually lost 15 lbs and quit smoking.
Here's how to lose 10 lbs in 30 days:

1. no sugared soda pop. none. zero. I actually mixed half and half at first to get use to the wretched taste of diet pop... then quit it all together. If I am really jonesin' I'll have a Coke Zero.
Drink water. water. water. it's great for you. seriously.

2. take a multi-vitamin everyday (so you don't die). We all love partying on pills, just make these the healthy kind.

3. Eat at least one big serving of vegetables a day.
more would be better, but at least get one in. I didn't even eat fresh ones all the time and rarely rare ones. most of it was frozen and steamed. but anyway, eat them.

4. No booze. I actually had about 5 whiskeys on the rocks and 5 light American-style lagers (Tecate Light) in the 30 days. Very moderate works, but zero would be better.

5. Soy milk and whole grain unsweetened cereal! This is the key to it all and pretty much what I lived on the whole time. besides the veggies and a occasional turkey sandwich with light bbq sauce and the veggies... this is what you live on for the month. make sure the soy milk is lightly or unsweetened and all the cereals are whole-grain and lightly or unsweetened. Figure out your suggested caloric intake for the day and don't go over with the cereal and other foods. Also don't drink down all the leftover soy milk, that'll fuck up your caloric intake. Just use enough milk to wet the cereal nicely.

6. Chewing Gum! Everytime you get hungry (and you have already eaten), chew some sugarless fucking gum or gnaw a toothpick. I carried at least three type of gum with me during this month. it works wonders, oral fixation, I also quit smoking at the same time this way.
*make sure to spit the shit out in the proper place.

7. Rock Out Session. I will not call this exercise, because it is really more than that, it's meditation for music lovers. Walk at least one mile a day with your headphones, rocking out to something you really really dig. This is essential. I do it every morning before it gets to hot with my gay dog chip. fucking blissful.

8. NO CHEESEBURGERS! no matter what. nada.

9. NO COCAINE! sorry. no can do. surprising right?

This will work. I promise.
I am going to lose 5 more lbs this month with a new plan, a healthier plan.
I'll be back editing in the details I have forgotten soon enough, so please check back. - J

1 comment:

bridget said...

Awesome!! I'm so glad you are able to stick to it. I know a lot of people (mostly grumpy old men that are relatives) who have had heart attacks or lifestyle related problems and don't change a damn thing.
I loved watching my uncle who has emphysema smoking and not breathing well. Awesome.

I'm on day 12 of no smoking, eating healthier and working out.